There’s nothing like having a pickup truck when you absolutely need a pickup truck. Trucks like the new 2020 Toyota Tacoma, for instance, are capable, powerful, adventure-loving vehicles that can prevail and survive in even the most brutal conditions. They embrace cold Midwestern winters as much as humid St. Louis summers. They are built for the long haul, for both the unexpected and expected, tackling home renovations just as easily as spur-of-the-moment camping trips in the Ozarks. They’re …well, they’re perfect.
And if Survivorman himself approves the Tacoma, so should you. Check out all the ways in which the new Toyota Tacoma can help you survive in nature and on the mean streets of St. Louis.
Tacoma is the Ultimate Off-Roading Toy
Need a truck that’ll keep chugging along when you’re off the grid? Tacoma’s got your back. Here are the best features and pieces of technology in the Toyota Tacoma, your next backpacking sidekick:
Technology & Features
Bring all your gear along for the ride with Tacoma’s standard (and innovative) deck rail system. Four heavy-duty tie-downs, all adjustable, are built into the corners of the bed, allowing you to securely strap in your off-road toys, bikes, and other four-wheelers.
Available Destination Assist is ideal for any compass-less adventurer. This software, part of Connected Services, gives you 24/7 access to a live agent to help map you to any destination of your choosing. Consider it the North Star of in-vehicle telematics.
Tacoma’s also got Safety Connect® with emergency SOS assistance. (Just for peace of mind, right? You’d never get lost in the wilderness.)
Wild trails and rocky terrain? Don’t sweat the small stuff with Toyota’s best-selling truck.Toyota Tacoma is bred to endure the toughest trails thanks to its 3.5L Atkinson-cycle V6 with direct injection. That’s 278 horses under the hood, all being commanded by your heel.
The Tacoma TRD Off-Road model features all the amenities you need while adventuring, including a standard locking differential, a Toyota Racing Development-tuned suspension, Bilstein® shocks, Goodyear® Wrangler® tires with Kevlar®, CRAWL Control, Multi-terrain Select, Trailer-Sway Control and more.
What about skid plates? Tacoma TRD Pro’s got skid plates. A quarter-inch aluminum one, to be exact. That’s in addition to standard FOX® Internal Bypass Shocks, Rigid Industries® fog lights, and available mandrel-bent exhaust and Pro Desert Air Intakes.
Perhaps best of all is Tacoma’s optional Multi-terrain Monitor. This system allows you to view your immediate surroundings and angle of approach from the truck’s impressive 8.0-inch display.
Tacoma Makes Quick Work of Hard Work
When work comes a-callin’, Tacoma answers the bat phone. “Hello? Be right there!” Here are all the reasons a Tacoma should be your around-town truck:
All modern safety features are either standard or available in the Tacoma, including the following:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection – Senses when a collision with another vehicle, object, or pedestrian is imminent, then sends you an alert to stop. If you don’t heed its call for action, it’ll automatically brake.
- Lane Departure Alert – LDA is designed to detect and alert you when you’ve ventured outside of your lane.
- Automatic High Beams – Activated at speeds of 25 mph, AHB ensures you don’t blind other drivers when they approach your gorgeous ride.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control – Allows you to drive at a preset speed and distance between other vehicles; the system automatically adjusts your speed as traffic conditions change.
- Panoramic View Monitor – See a 360-degree view around your Tacoma, so you don’t bump into your neighbor’s mailbox—again.
- Backup Camera with Rear Parking Sonar – Better yet, use this camera system to avoid collisions.
- Blind Spot Monitor – Detects vehicles in your blind spot and flashes an alert in your side mirror.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert – As you back up, RCTA sends an audible alert in the cabin when vehicles are approaching.
Technology & Features
You’ll find the Tacoma is full of fun features and fancy flourishes that make your job a tad bit easier and enjoyable.
Tacoma’s truck bed, made of ultra-durable, fiber-reinforced composite sheet metal, can withstand a beating. Load it up and go without worrying about dings, dents, scratches, and cracks. It’s also fitted with an available bed-mounted 120V/400W power outlet to ensure you can power your power tools when needed.
Need to run into the hardware store right quick? Keep your gear secure with Tacoma’s various lockable storage solutions.
Wi-Fi Connect gives you a connection to civilization even when you’re away from home. Consider it your smartphone’s caffeine boost.
If Wi-Fi Connect is the caffeine, Tacoma’s two USB charging ports act as the sugar packet and creamer. Don’t leave home without juice.
The Tacoma can tow up to 6,800 pounds and carry payloads of nearly 1,500 lbs. Your old wooden deck won’t see that makeover coming.
The Southwest Missouri Ozarks may not be the Prairies, but it’s more than a suitable place for the Toyota Tacoma to call home. And call home it shall when you buy one from our St. Peters Toyota dealership. Get to living your fullest life at Pappas. Contact us at (636) 928-1212 for more details about the Tacoma or any of our special offers on Toyota vehicles for sale near St. Louis. Or swing by our store at 10011 Spender Rd in St. Peters, MO.